The Paris Olympic and Paralympic Games are an opportunity to strengthen the links between art and sport around shared values such as excellence and inclusion. Within this framework, the Ministry of Culture allocates a grant to project leaders contributing to a more inclusive society.
Presentation of the device
What is the Cultural Olympiad?
The Cultural Olympiad is one of the official deliverables requested by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) from each Olympic and Paralympic host country. This major cultural program, which began in 2021, will end with the end of the Paralympic Games in September 2024.
Throughout the national territory, the Ministry of Culture and the Organizing Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games Paris 2024 (hereinafter referred to as “Paris 2024”) Its aim is to promote cultural initiatives that include the participation of artists and athletes with disabilities.
It is in this perspective that the Ministry and Paris 2024 decided to jointly launch a call for projects illustrating the ambition of the Olympic and Paralympic Games to contribute to a more inclusive society.
The purpose of the Inspiration call for projects is to encourage and financially support artistic creations that meet the following objectives:
- Enrich the inclusive dimension of the programming of the Cultural Olympiad in the respect of Olympic and Paralympic values
- Changing perspectives and bringing a better understanding and apprehension of disability to a wide audience through artistic experiences
- Strengthening the links between creation, sport and disability and opening up new perspectives for artistic collaboration
- Supporting artistic creation
The selected projects will benefit from the «Cultural Olympiad» label granted by Paris 2024 after registration on the platform dedicated to the Olympiad, subject to acceptance of the general conditions of use of the label and compliance with the principles of the Olympic Charter.
Am I concerned by this approach?
- Private companies
- Local public enterprises
- EPCI with own taxation
- Public institutions/ State services
- Research organisations
- Individuals (artists, athletes, etc.)
This call for projects is open to a plurality of actors (cultural institutions, artists, collectives, sports federations etc.) domiciled in France and able to produce an artistic creation.
The Inspiration call for projects is open toall fields of artistic creation and may also concern theall sports disciplines.
The project will:
- take place on French territory
- be implemented in 2023 and/or 2024
Financial support from the Ministry of Culture and Paris 2024 is capped at €30,000 per project.
On an exceptional basis and following a joint decision by the Ministry of Culture and Paris 2024, this ceiling of €30,000 may be exceeded for a limited number of projects justifying it by their size and reach.
The amounts are paid in the form of a grant, subject to a double ceiling on co-financing up to a maximum of 50% of the project budget and up to a maximum of the budget committed by the main funder.
The project leader will sign an agreement with each of the two parties which will specify in particular the amount of support granted and the modalities of payment of the aid.
Files will be reviewed based on four criteria:
Criterion 1: Adequacy of the project with the general objectives, artistic quality of the project
The project presents an artistic quality and research that meets the general objectives defined by this call for projects and translates in particular an intention around art and disability. The following points will be noted:
- Artistic quality and originality of the project
- Adequacy of the project with the general requirements of the call for proposals
- Project implementation procedures (location, dates, etc.)
Criterion 2: Assessment of references for the application
The project is based on a foundation of resources and organizations to ensure its viability and effective implementation. The following points will be noted:
- Relevance of the budget and the partnerships envisaged (financial or other
- Capacity of the project leader to lead and federate several actors
- References of the project leader in artistic matters
Criterion 3: Universal accessibility of the project
The following points will be noted:
- Accessibility of the project to all forms of disability (motor, sensory, psychic and cognitive) by subtitling, audiodescription, audio loop, etc.
- Provision of inclusive mediation tools (Easy to read and understand, adapted editing of texts, accessible digital mediation, etc.)
Criterion 4: Adequacy of the project with the Olympic and Paralympic values and their declination by the Ministry of Culture and Paris 2024
The following points will be noted:
- Respect for Olympic values (excellence, friendship, respect) and Paralympic values (courage, determination, inspiration, equality)
- Fit with the environmental ambition of the Ministry of Culture and Paris 2024
- Alignment with the principles of equality, diversity and non-discrimination promoted by the Ministry of Culture and Paris 2024
The analysis and selection of the projects will be carried out by a selection committee composed of representatives of the Ministry of Culture, Paris 2024 and qualified personalities.
The selection procedure may include an exchange with the project leader.
A dialogue phase on the feasibility of the selected artistic project will be undertaken with the actors involved. Once the feasibility of the project has been confirmed allowing its contractualization, cultural programming can be implemented.
- File Open: October 17, 2022
- Application deadline: January 17, 2023, 11:59 p.m. (Paris time). No file may be filed or taken into account after this date.
- Project sponsors will be informed of the selection committee’s decision by email within four months of submitting their application.
- To access the online form, click on the "Access form" button at the bottom of the page.
- Log in or create an account, then let yourself be guided.
The following must be provided or attached in the online form:
- Presentation of the artistic project manager
- Presentation of the administrative structure of the project and its legal representative
- General presentation of the artistic and cultural project
- Audiences affected by the project and possible arts and cultural education actions envisaged
- Values defended by the project
- Potential project partners
- Any supporting document (images, photos, video link, etc.) to enhance the project
Any communication about the artistic project Inspiration must include mention of the support of the Ministry of Culture as well as that of Paris 2024 through the label «Olympiade culturelle».
An assignment of non-commercial rights for the performance or reproduction of the project and works by Paris 2024 will also be provided for in the contract.