The purpose of the Culture and Social Link programme is to develop artistic and cultural education activities for residents of priority urban and rural areas. It is set up by the regional directorate of cultural affairs (DRAC) of the region in which the project is carried out.
What is the interministerial policy Culture and social link?
Through this policy, the DRAC (regional directorates of cultural affairs) affirm a proactive policy with cultural structures by accompanying, in close connection with the actors of the policy of the city, the artistic and cultural projects implemented for the inhabitants of the political districts of the city.
Applicants are strongly advised to consult the services of the DRAC/DAC as soon as the project is conceived and before any other approach, who can provide them with advice.
Objectives of the approach
Artistic and cultural practices are powerful levers of personal emancipation and social cohesion. However, the obstacles to artistic practice and attendance at cultural places are numerous: geographical accessibility, financial means, mechanisms of social exclusion…
This system is therefore intended to:
- support artists, artistic teams and venues in the development of actions in priority areas
- lift these brakes
- and, through a long-term presence, allow the perpetuation of the cultural practices of the inhabitants
Would you like to know more about the Culture and Social Link scheme? Click here:
Am I concerned by this approach?
- Private companies
- Public institutions/ state services
- be deposited by a cultural structure having as its main objectives, established in its statutes, the creation and distribution of artistic, cultural, heritage or scientific and technical works: cultural association, company, artist registered at the artists' house, museum, media library, heritage place, scientific and technical dissemination structure with the exception of national public institutions of the Ministry of Culture, etc.
- address the inhabitants of a political district of the city.
National public institutions of the Ministry of Culture are not eligible.
The cultural and artistic projects proposed must be the fruit of a co-construction between a cultural structure and a social field structure (neighborhood house, shelter and social reintegration center, social center, social landlord, association working in the social field, animation center, local mission, reception center for asylum seekers, shelters, social residence...).
Projects must fit within the new priority geography: Programming Law for the City and Urban Cohesion of 21 February 2014 – by proposing projects in the target areas of the city’s political districts.
Structures can rely on the following localization tools:
Files will be reviewed on the basis of the following criteria established in each RDCA.
Culture and social link in the regions
You will find below the modalities of deposit and contacts according to the place of realization of your project. Please refer to the regional information below for the calendar set up by the DRAC/DAC that concerns you.
Only the regions listed below are affected by this scheme
The Culture et politique de la ville en Grand Est call for projects consists of co-financing, by the Ministry of Culture, of projects supported elsewhere under the Grand Est city contracts.
The project leader undertakes to also submit this grant application on the Dauphin platform, according to the city contract schedule of the community concerned.
Amount of subsidy
The participation of the DRAC in the hourly remuneration of the intervening artist is 60 € TTC, charge to the employer to respect the collective agreement in force.
Terms and conditions of the grant
A selection committee, involving the DRAC, the Prefect’s delegates, the DDETSPP (Departmental Directorate of Employment, Labour, Solidarity and Protection of Populations) and, where appropriate, representatives of local authorities, will meet sometime in February 2024 to select projects and determine the amount of grants awarded.
The beneficiaries of DRAC support undertake to implement the project as submitted at the time of application. They inform of the progress of the project, in particular by sending the adjusted schedule of interventions. Any substantial changes to the project will require the prior approval of the DRAC.
- Application deadline: 01 December 2023 at 23:59 (Paris time). No file can be filed or taken into account after this date.
- Announcement of results: 1er 2024 quarter. Applicants will be informed by email of their selection and the amount of the grant awarded. The selected structures will formalize their request by sending the file Cerfa 12156*06.
How to submit a file?
- Download the application form «Culture and social link» below.
- To access the online form, click on the "Go to form - Grand Est"
- Log in or create an account on
- Apply in the call for projects «Participation in cultural life and territorial politics 2024». Indicate "CDV 2024" in the title of your file, followed by the name of your project.
- Attach the completed application form to your dematerialized file, with the other documents requested :
- Art project presentation package (free format)
- curriculum vitae of all artists or cultural professionals involved in the project;
- where appropriate: the assessment and evaluation of projects developed in 2023.
Download the application form:
Download the specifications:
If you have any questions about the Culture and Politics of the City in the Grand Est call for projects, please contact the Regional Directorate of Cultural Affairs (DRAC), whose contact details can be found in the document "Contacts" to download below.
Each year, the DRAC Ile-de-France launches a call for projects aimed at supporting artistic and cultural projects for the city’s political districts.
Amount of subsidy
The amount of grants is a minimum of €5,000. The average amount of grants awarded in the last edition was €8,000.
The amount of the grant paid by the DRAC may not exceed 80% of the total project budget. The grant is used to finance the hours of artistic intervention with the inhabitants.
A territorial subsidy of 1,000 to 3,000 € can be granted (modalities in the specifications)
Terms and conditions of the grant
The payment of the grant will take place during the second quarter of 2024.
Procedures for assessing applications
The award criteria are as follows:
- quality and content of the artistic and cultural project
- arrangements for implementing the partnership with a social structure
- capacity of the cultural structure to network within the territory
- relevance of the objectives and practical modalities of the evaluation
- project implementation territory
- consideration of project beneficiaries
- Applications open: 15 September 2023.
- Application deadline: 15 November 2023, 23:59 (Paris time). No file may be filed or taken into account after this date.
- Award commission: end January 2024
- Announcement of results: Notifications will be sent in late February 2024. Users will receive an acceptance notification by email.
- Grant payment: second quarter 2024.
How to submit a file?
Before submitting a file, it is mandatory to read the specifications, available below.
- To access the online form, click on the "Access form" button at the bottom of this block.
- Log in or create an account, then let us guide you.
Two webinars are also organized to allow structures wishing to attend a detailed presentation of the call for projects and ask questions:
- Tuesday 03 October 2023 at 5pm;
- Friday 13 October 2023 at 10am.
For any question on the call for projects Culture and social link in Ile-de-France, you are invited to contact the cultural and territorial action advisor of your department at the Regional Directorate of Cultural Affairs (DRAC) Ile-de-France, whose contact details appear in the specifications.
If you have any questions about how to file and how to use the platform, please send your request to:
Regional Service of Populations, Accompaniment, Cooperation and Territories (SRPACTE)
01 56 06 50 00
47 Rue du Peletier, 75009 Paris
The filing of applications for 2024 in Ile-de-France is now closed.
Examples of projects supported previously
For young people in the «Portes du vingtième» district in Paris, in partnership with the house of associations. The beneficiaries participated in all stages of the creation, making the soundtrack, the control, the broadcast, playing roles in the series, alongside professional artists and technicians.
This creation was realized on the outer wall of the place of manufacture Villa Mais d'Ici in Aubervilliers with the people ages of the residence of the center Salvador Allende and the young public of several social structures.
Evaluation of grant projects
Each project that has received a State grant must be evaluated. To learn more about the evaluation and its submission, we invite you to consult its presentation sheet, by clicking on the button below.