The structures receiving support from the Ministry of Culture are required, from 2022, to commit to the fight against gender and sexual violence and harassment (GBV) and to respect their obligations.
Presentation of the device
What is the plan to combat HSV?
The Ministry of Culture makes the payment of its financial aid conditional on the fulfilment of the commitments made by the recipients of grants in the fight against HSV (sexual and gender-based violence and harassment). This conditionality of aid is part of the HSV control plan proposed by the Ministry of Culture for the performing and visual arts sector.
The fight against sexual and gender-based violence has been consolidated by the law of 3 August 2018, known as "Schiappa law". In particular, it strengthens the criminal law governing HSV and the resulting convictions.
Any person or structure applying for a Ministry of Culture grant must now:
- describe the measures it has taken to comply with its legal obligations to prevent and act against HSV
- commit to the implementation of HSV prevention and treatment measures specified in the Ministry of Culture’s HSV control plan
Would you like to know more about this device? We invite you to consult the documents below:
Am I concerned by this approach?
- EPCI with own taxation
- Public institutions/ State services
- Private companies
- Local public enterprises
- Individuals (natural persons working in Culture or not)
Structures and natural persons who have applied for a grant from a service of the Ministry of Culture for a device of assistance conditioned to the implementation of a plan of fight against VHSS, in the field of the live performance or the visual arts, As of 2022, must file a file.
For the record, the five commitments expected from the requesting structure are:
- Comply with legal obligations regarding health, safety and sexual harassment
- Train, as of 2022, management, supervisors, HR managers and designated persons in charge of speech collection and management of VHSS situations
- Formally sensitize teams and organise risk prevention
- Create an effective reporting mechanism and process every report received
- Initiate monitoring and evaluation of VHSS actions
If the Ministry of Culture grants aid, the VHSS form completed by the beneficiary will be attached to the grant agreement or decree. It will be worth the structure’s commitment to implement the actions described as the “structure’s action plan”.
A detailed assessment of the actions carried out will be required from the beneficiary at the end of the subsidised project or each year for the multi annual grants. The production of this balance sheet will condition the possible renewal of the subsidy.
- Click on the "Access form" button at the bottom of the page.
- Log in or create an account, then let yourself be guided.
If you have any questions about the fight against VHSS, please contact the Financial and General Affairs Branch (SDAFIG):
Creative Arts Branch (BOD)
Financial and General Affairs Branch
01 40 15 88 32
62 Rue Beaubourg, 75003 Paris