Within the framework of policies for the democratization of culture and the development of the public, youth training and policies for arts and cultural education and media and information education, The Normandy Regional Cultural Affairs Directorate and its partners are launching this call for projects.
Presentation of the device
What is the residence of journalists in school in Normandy?
Within the framework of the national plan for arts and cultural education and policies of democratization of access to culture, development and training of the public, the Regional Directorate of Cultural Affairs of Normandy, the Rectorate of the Academy of Normandy, the Directorates of the Departmental Services of National Education, and the Regional Directorate of Food, Agriculture and Forest of Normandy, in partnership with the Departments launch a call for projects for the establishment of twinning-residences of journalists in schools, schools, higher education or training bodies, acting on school time.
It offers to all schools/schools of the academy of Normandy as well as to institutions of higher education and other institutions (CFA, ...), the possibility to host journalists in residence over a school year and to initiate media and information education activities radiating over the school year and a wider educational community.
Objectives of the approach
The call for projects Twinning-residencies of journalists in Normandy aims to:
- Host one or more journalists in residence in schools/schools
- Foster meeting with professional journalists and diverse media practices
- Enable an understanding of the information factory and help in its decryption
- Discover the profession of journalism and its current challenges
- Support the development of a practice and an informed reception of the various media
- Raising awareness of freedom of expression and encouraging youth participation in democratic debate
To learn more, you are invited to download the specifications:
Want to know more about arts and cultural education? Visit here:
Am I concerned by this approach?
- Private companies
- Local public enterprises
- Public institutions/ State services
Are eligible pairs consisting of:
- Professional journalists (freelance or in-house) to attest to an ongoing professional activity registered in the regulatory framework in force and to associate with a legal person or a media company in a position to submit the project and receive the subsidy that will be dedicated to their remuneration.
- Schools for students, students or apprentices:
- Primary and primary schools
- Secondary schools
- Agricultural education establishments
- Higher education institutions
- Apprenticeship Training Centres
- Vocational training bodies
Other partners, can join if they enter into the coherence of the project, like the local authorities but also structures under reception of leisure, centers of animations, Youth and Culture Centre with the accreditation of Youth and Popular Education or Social Centres under the Family Allowance Fund.
Institutions that have benefited from artist-residency matches in the past 3 years or that benefit from other DRAC-supported schemes (De Visu, CTEJ, etc.) are not a priority.
An educational institution may submit only one project, with the exception of universities.
NB: Projects can cross different types of partner structures. In particular, for the 1st degree, around the question of the link with extra-curricular and extra-curricular time and for the 1st and second degrees around cycle 3.
The projects of twinning-residencies of journalists in media and information education provide for the reception of journalists for a work of transmission around their professions and around the construction of information.
Within the scope defined by the specifications (which you will find at the bottom of the page), the contents remain free and journalists are invited to invent all forms of mediation that they consider relevant according to their own practices, to raise awareness of their journalistic work.
A minimum of 2 classes must be directly involved in the action, with 20 hours of journalistic intervention per minimum student. But an influence on the entire educational structure must be sought, through other forms of intervention (meeting of journalists, punctual workshops, dissemination of small form in situ, conferences...).
The expected journalistic presence is a minimum of two weeks. The twinning-residences of journalists will have to be the subject of an agreement between the two partner structures.
The DRAC grant of up to €5,000 to the artistic partner (legal entity) represents a maximum of 75% of the project budget (65% for higher education), the institution/structure mobilizes its resources and calls on partners in its sector.
This grant is strictly for the intervention of journalists, for the 2023/2024 school year. All project-induced expenditure may be included in the budget but the DRAC grant does not cover the purchase of equipment, ticketing and transport of project beneficiaries.
For more information on financing, you can consult the specifications found at the bottom of the page.
The projects will be examined by juries made up of representatives of DRAC Normandie, the Rector of the academy of Normandy, DSDEN, Departments, DRAAF, ComUE.
The twinning-residencies of journalists in media and information education will have to be the subject of an agreement between the two partner structures.
In the "Evaluation Method and Selected Indicators" section, the project leader will ensure that the indicators he defines as relevant for the qualitative evaluation of the project are clearly indicated. These indicators must be recalled on the balance sheet provided in the appendix. This sheet will be sent within three months after the end of the project.
Project promoters undertake to:
- provide the partners, one month before the start of the action, with the final timetable of the key steps as validated by the partners for the effective implementation of the project.
- include on all communications documents and media the words “twinning – journalists' residences, annual media and information education partnership arrangements and logos of all partners, in accordance with the graphic charters.
The selected projects must be valued by schools/schools on the ADAGE application during the identification phase of the EAC projects conducted within the school/institution during the 2023-2024 school year.
- Application deadline: 07 April 2023, 23:59 (Paris time). No file may be filed or considered after this date.
- An acknowledgement of receipt with a file number will be sent to you by e-mail within 15 days. No news of this acknowledgement of receipt within fifteen days after the
Closing date, please email RDCA: firstname.lastname@example.org
- At the end of the commissions, a link to the record of decisions will be sent to the cultural structures.
- The decisions of each of the juries will be published on the website of the DRAC and the partners.
Development of journalist residency projects:
For the first degree
It is recommended that schools and journalists contact the relevant pedagogical advisors of the various artistic and cultural fields beforehand.
Projects must be targeted by the management of the partner school and the district NEI or the Inspector of Academy – Academic Director of National Education Services.
For the second degree
Schools and journalists are advised to contact the Academic Delegation for Cultural Action beforehand, in particular the
academic leaders and/or teachers - relay. Projects must be submitted to the Board of Directors and referred to by the school head.
For higher education
Projects must be covered by the department in charge of
the culture within the institution.
For all structures
Journalists are also invited to contact the DRAC’s Cultural and Territorial Action Centre before the project is submitted: email@example.com
Filing of the file
- Download and complete the application, which you can download below. The file is sent by the cultural structure, it is completed in co-construction with the partner school/institution. All entries must be completed. No supporting documents will be reviewed. Cultural structures that have received a grant for a twinning in 2021 must fill in the balance sheet, indicating, if the project is not completed, the provisional schedule.
- The file must then be sent by the journalist at the DRAC, to the address firstname.lastname@example.org for all files. This folder must be sent in pdf format and the page containing the scanned signatures in the same email.
- Enter "JOURNALIST TWINNING" with the name of the legal entity (artistic partner) that will carry the project, in the subject line of the email.
NB: the application files were created with Libre Office (free software) and are opened optimally with this software.
If you have any questions about student residencies in Normandy, please contact:
Direction régionale des affaires culturelles (DRAC) Normandie
Cultural and territorial action pole
02 32 10 71 00/ 07 60 55 12 18
13 bis rue Saint-Ouen, 14052 Caen Cedex 4