BABIL is an artist residency program for the artistic and cultural awakening of 0-3 years. The Normandy region supports, through a grant, institutions that implement projects in this direction.
Presentation of the device
What is the BABIL call for projects?
The Ministries in charge of Solidarity and Culture reaffirmed, on 20 March 2017, by the Protocol for the Artistic and Cultural Awakening of Young Children, the interest of a common policy aimed at promoting the cultural and artistic awakening of young children.
The DRAC of Normandy, in partnership with the Caf (Caisses d'allocations familiales) of Calvados, the English Channel, the Orne and the Seine-Maritime, supports the establishment of artist residences in Normandy’s early childhood care facilities.
You will find here a video presentation of the BABIL device.
Objectives of the approach
These residences are intended to:
- To encourage initiatives promoting artistic and cultural awareness within early childhood care institutions in order to democratise and integrate it into the daily lives of families,
- Give artists the opportunity to work on their creation in an environment dedicated to young children,
- Foster the parent-child relationship by sharing and discovering artistic and cultural experiences,
The eligibility criteria and the procedures to be carried out are detailed in the attached specifications.
Filing of Records: between January 2023 and July 2023, after contact with a. DRAC cultural action adviser:
- For the department of Calvados and Orne: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For the Eure Department: email@example.com
- For the Manche department: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For the Seine-Maritime department: email@example.com