The National Council for Higher Education and Artistic and Cultural Research (CNESERAC) is a forum for dialogue, debate and representation of research institutions and structures under the Ministry of Culture.
Placed with the Minister of Culture, it was created by the law of 7 July 2016 on the freedom of creation, architecture and heritage (LCAP).
Target groups: teaching and research staff, managers and students of higher education institutions under the Ministry of Culture and representatives of major national interests.
Purpose: powers, composition and rules of operation of the National Council for Higher Education and Artistic and Cultural Research.
These consultations include:
1. The jobs and financial resources allocated by the Ministry in charge of culture to higher education and research activities;
2. The participation of higher education institutions under the Ministry responsible for culture and research structures under that Ministry in the cooperation and grouping of institutions provided for in Articles L. 718-2 et seq.;
3. The general guidelines of the multi annual contracts signed between the State and each higher education institution under the Ministry of Culture and, where appropriate, each research structure under that Ministry.
“The Minister responsible for Culture submits an annual report to the National Council for Higher Education and Arts and Culture Research on the state of higher education and arts and culture research under the jurisdiction of his ministerial department. This report is made public.
“II. -The higher education institutions of the Ministry responsible for Culture within the meaning of I of this Article are:
1. National public institutions of higher education under its supervision;
2. The institutions of higher education accredited by him.
The list of these institutions is determined by order of the Minister responsible for culture. It specifies the area to which each institution belongs.
«III. -The research structures of the Ministry responsible for culture within the meaning of I of this Article shall be the departments of that Ministry and the national public institutions under its supervision, research activities carried out alone or in partnership and evaluated under the conditions defined in articles L. 114-1 et seq. of the research code.
The list of these structures is fixed by decree of the minister responsible for culture.