On the occasion of the International Fair of Contemporary Art, Frédéric Mitterrand, Minister of Culture and Communication, will participate this week:
Monday, October 18
- Special session of the art market observatory
- Exhibition tour Fresh flowers David Hockney, Pierre Bergé-Yves Saint Laurent Foundation
- Receiving oorganized at the Ministry on the occasion of the International Fair of Contemporary Art 2010 (Fiac) and all the events associated with it
- Opening of the Larry Gagosian Art Gallery, followed by the presentation of the Order of the Legion of Honour badges to Larry Gagosian
Tuesday, October 19
- Visit of the FIAC to the Louvre Square Courtyard and the Tuileries Gardens
Wednesday, October 20
- Visit of the FIAC under the nave of the Grand Palais
Friday, October 22
- Inauguration of the exhibition organized collectively by the foundation group FACE à la Maison Rouge - Fondation Antoine de Galbert
As every year, the Minister will announce at the end of the FIAC the acquisitions of works by the Centre national des arts plastiques (CNAP) on the occasion of the FIAC to enrich the National Fund of Contemporary Art, art collection of the State of which the CNAP ensures the conservation, management and dissemination.
In addition, this week, he wished to put more in the honour of gallery owners by appointing Knights in the order of Arts and Letters Laurent Godin, Fabienne Leclerc, Almine Rech, Frédérique Valentin, Philippe Valentin, Jocelyn Wolff.