Frédéric Mitterrand, Minister of Culture and Communication, charged MarcTessier, former Director General of the Centre national de la cinématographie (CNC), former President of France Télévisions and current Director General of Vidéo futurentertainment group, the chairmanship of the commission on the digitisation of library holdings under the supervision of the Ministry of Culture and Communication, after the withdrawal of Claude Durand.
This commission will be composed of:
- Emmanuel Hoog, President of the National Audiovisual Institute (INA),
- Olivier Bosc, Chief Librarian,
- Alban Cerisier, Director of Heritage Funds and Digital Development
. François-Xavier Labarraque, Director of Development and
The committee will be asked to study the advisability and modalities of a possible
Agreement with a private operator to digitize or put online library holdings, taking into account in particular the following points:
- Free disposal of national digital heritage;
- Perfect long-term preservation of digitized files;
- visibility of culture and access to French content on the Internet,
- economic and financial interest for the State and the taxpayer,
- the political message to be addressed to the international community.
It will give its conclusions in mid-December.