In 2012, the Ministry of Culture and Communication supports digital innovation to develop innovative digital cultural uses based on available digital content. By launching the second call for projects «innovative digital cultural services», the Ministry wishes to stimulate new partnerships between public institutions, state services and local authorities, private partners and research laboratories.
Endowed with 1.5 M , this mechanism will support projects and experiments aimed at the general public.
They will have to be based on innovative digital technologies, uses for
all audiences and enriched cultural content in order to multiply their economic impacts,
technology. The scheme will allow the emergence of new forms of innovation
services. Its local dimension will contribute to the development
Several types of innovative digital cultural services can be supported in their phase
- Services for visits, discovery and knowledge (museums, works, sites, monuments,
- Innovative content navigation and visualization interfaces for the general public;
- Content delivery services on collaborative platforms and social networks
- Cultural public data reuse services
- Online content indexing and collaborative classification services
- Entertainment services on cultural content
- Digital services for arts and cultural education
- Innovative publishing platforms for thematic content;
- Personalisation services (families, children, groups, multilingualism, e-accessibility, integration,...
- Digital mediation services for live entertainment: “enriched show”, spaces
criticism and collaboration, innovative dissemination of content, etc.
Several axes must be taken into account and combined in the experiment:
- Technological innovation: virtual reality (immersive, augmented), 3D technologies, internet;
objects (RFID,..), contactless technologies (NFC,…), robotics (visit robots), web
semantic, multisensory immersion…
- the diversity of audiences and the transformation of uses: young people, school children, families, amateurs,
- functionalities: mobility access, sensory and cognitive access, geolocation
- the participatory and collaborative dimension with users: co-creation, indexing,
- Uses of social networks (sharing, content exchanges);
- Content generation and aggregation.
The projects selected under the 2010 call for projects can be consulted on the platform
Culture Labs of the Ministry of Culture and Communication at:
Launch: November 28, 2011
Closing date: 10 February 2012
Call text available at: