The home of Sully. This mansion was built in 1625 near the Place Royale (now Place des Vosges), an urban development launched by Henri IV and supervised by Maximilien de Béthune, Duke of Sully (1559-1641). The latter acquired the hotel in 1634. He remained in the Sully family until the middle of the 18th century. Madame de Sévigné and Voltaire were received there.
A public institution. Its takeover, then its restoration by the State from the 50s gives the start of the rehabilitation of the entire neighborhood. The hotel has been the seat of the National Monuments Centre since 1967.
See social networks of National Monuments Centre
62 Saint Antoine Street