Pey-Berland Tour in Bordeaux
The bell tower of the cathedral. Detached from Saint-André, this campanile built in the 15th century responds to the desire to equip the cathedral with important bells, which could have threatened its structure.
Three bells, one drone and Notre Dame. Still active, Marie, Clémence, and Marguerite met Ferdinand-André, installed in 1869 and weighing more than eight tons. Culminating at 66 meters, Notre-Dame d'Aquitaine watches over Bordeaux.
The origin of the name. Archbishop Pey-Berland (circa 1370-58), who was responsible for the revival of the Church in Aquitaine under the Plantagenets, decided to build the tower.
See social networks of National Monuments Centre
Pey Berland Place