Built at the end of the 16th century, this typical house of Trégor architecture was acquired in 1780 by the scientist’s grandparents. Renan left her forever at the age of 15. She became a museum in 1947. In 1992, during the author’s centennial ceremonies, the facade on street receives a decoration of carved wood.
See social networks of National Monuments Centre
House of Ernest Renan
20 Ernest Renan Street
Treguier and the house of Ernest Renan by Anne-Marie de Brem