Pierre Mondot de la Marthonie, who became the first president of the Parliament of Paris in 1515, transformed the fortified house of Puyguilhem, acquired around 1510, into a Renaissance residence by deploying a decoration of great finesse on themes in vogue. Abandoned and looted in XIXe The castle acquired by the State in 1939 was revived after a long and meticulous construction project led in an exemplary way by the chief architect of historical monuments, Yves-Marie Froidevaux.
See social networks of National Monuments Centre
Castle of Puyguilhem
History of the monument
The castle of Puyguilhem by Pascale Thibault