Measures to combat the Covid-19 outbreak have a direct impact on the organization of each business line. An update on the main measures for museums, monuments, art centres, Fonds régionaux d'art contemporain (FRAC), as well as parks and gardens.
1. General Questions and Answers
Several questions and answers concerning all cultural sectors, including museums, monuments, art centers, FRAC, parks and gardens, are addressed in our page dealing with the general framework of activities.
2. Specific Questions and Answers
What are the conditions for public reception in museums and monuments?
- The obligation to wear a mask is abolished in all LES and educational institutions under the Ministry of Culture (Articles 27, 35, 36 and 45).
- Operators shall retain the possibility of communicating health measures in the form of recommendations.
What are the conditions for openingparks and gardens?
- Parks and gardens are open to the public (Article 46) without restriction or limitation of group size.
- The public has an obligation to respect the provisions on barriers, gatherings and consumption of alcoholic beverages on public roads (Articles 1 to 3).
- The prefect of the department is entitled to make the wearing of masks mandatory when local circumstances require it.
- Cinema, media, audiovisual
- Live performance (Music, theatre, dance, circus, street arts, puppetry, etc.)
- Visual arts (galleries, artist workshops, arts and crafts)
- Libraries, archives, bookshops
- Arts education and cultural action
- International travel
3. Health recommendations for cultural structures, venues, events and activities
This document aims to provide museums, monuments, art centers and FRAC with benchmarks for the organization of their activity and the reception of the public during the health crisis.