La Danse en grande forme, a collective of 14 dance-certified structures, will allow the selected project to receive a co-production contribution to support the chosen creation. Periods of residence may be organised in some of the partner places which are members of the scheme. The objective is also to promote the dissemination of the supported creation in each of the territories of structures member of La Danse en grande forme.
The collective La danse en grande forme consists of 14 structures certified in the field of dance, Centres de développement chorégraphique national (CDCN), National Choreographic Centres (NCCs), and two National scenes who share the same desire to accompany choreographic art in ambitious production and dissemination projects, to enable it to conquer new audiences. This collective seeks to encourage choreographers to move from «small forms» to «large forms»,
Objective and details of the aid
The primary objective of La Danse en grande forme is to consolidate the economic model of choreographic creations that integrate at least ten performers, with a substantial production contribution and a programming intention shared by all co-operators in their respective territories: a co-production contribution of €98,000, or €7,000 per participating structure to support the chosen creation.
— The creation must bring together at least 10 performers on the stage. Periods of residence may be organised in some of the partner places which are members of the scheme.
- Open to companies based in France and abroad
- Project led by an independent choreographer(s) (excluding artist director of CCN and Ballets nationaux)
- Created during the 2024-2025 season
- Open to any project involving at least 10 performers on stage
The scheme will favour artists who move from smaller forms to larger forms.
Timing and selection procedures
- 15 December 2022 at 18.00: deadline for submission of applications;
- end of February 2023: results of the pre-selection phase: 4 projects will be selected;
- late March 2023: interviews and selection of the supported project.
The file will consist of:
- Production file:
- Memorandum of Intent;
- Technical and/or scenographic devices;
- Presentation of the artistic team;
- Creation schedule;
- Balanced forecast budget, showing partners other than the La Danse en grande forme network;
- Estimated sale price and tour conditions;
- Details of the number of people on tour (distinction between the number of people on the set and the total number of people on the team);
- Details of the co-producers requested;
- Details of co-productions confirmed.
- Attached summary sheet duly completed;
- Links to video recordings of previous creations.
Files to be sent before December 15, 2022 at 18:00 at the following email address: email@example.com
Download thefull call for proposals
All certified by the Ministry of Culture, the 14 members of the collective «La Danse en grande forme» for the 2024/2025 edition are:
- The CNDC - Angers;
- The CCN - Malandain Ballet Biarritz;
- La Manufacture - CDCN Nouvelle-Aquitaine Bordeaux La Rochelle;
- Caen SCC in Normandy;
- Boom'Structur, CSCN in Prefiguration (Clermont-Ferrand);
- La Comédie de Clermont-Ferrand, Scène nationale;
- MC2: Maison de la culture de Grenoble;
- Le Phare – CCN du Havre Normandie;
- The CCN - Ballet national de Marseille;
- Orléans SCC;
- The CDCN Roubaix Hauts-de-France Gymnasium;
- La Place de La Danse - CDCN Toulouse/ Occitanie;
- La Briqueterie - CDCN du Val-de-Marne.