The Essieu du Batut, recognized by the Drac Occitanie as an artistic factory, offers a place of residence in nature. A work studio and a guest house are available to host research and creative projects in the fields of live performance related to the movement: circus, dance, multidisciplinary forms, for the room or in situ…
Located in the hamlet of Batut 30 km south of Aurillac, a work studio built in 2016 and a renovated guest house are ready to host research and creative projects.
Expected objectives of the residence
- Presentation of a project of creation or research, carried by professional artists, for the room or in situ
- Implementation of innovative research in the arts of movement, mainly in the fields of circus creation and dance.
- Phase of creation adapted to the specificity of the place.
- Studio equipped with a suspended floor of 135 m 2 , covered with a dance mat
- Provision of accommodation in the guest house located in the hamlet of Batut
- Organisation of a residence exit
- Allowance of 600 € TTC in participation to the residence fee for 4 artistic teams coming in residence of research or creation for a duration of 2 weeks, outside school holidays of zone C, and willing to carry out cultural actions in the territory ( remunerated)
Period and duration of residence:
March 21 to October 30, 2023. Taking into account the climate crisis and the energy crisis, it is proposed mainly residences of two consecutive weeks.
To apply, each company will send its application before 25 November 22 at midnight to: email@example.com in 1 single PDF file of 8 pages maximum (2 MB max), containing:
- A summary page with:
- The administrative information of the structure supporting the project, signatory of the agreements & function/ website.
- Title of the project and name of the project holder(s) / Artistic domain.
- Number of participants in the residence / Desired residence dates / Type of residence (creation or search)
- Reasons for choosing the Batut axle.
- A dossier of presentation of the research project or creation with CV of the participants, provisional budget and partners acquired or envisaged, possible actions of envisaged mediations.
- The specific project of residence with its own technical needs (check if compatible with the equipment of the Batut Axle).
- Links to videos of previous creations, or current creation (no downloads).
Candidates will be informed of the results by e-mail from 15 January 2023.
For any information request, you can contact Christine Morquin at 06 24 35 21 32 or Emmanuelle Lyon at 06 73 45 57 02
L'Essieu du Batut, Atelier de fabrique artistique is supported by the Ministry of Culture/ DRAC Occitanie.