The Cité internationale des arts, with the support of the Direction des affaires culturelles (DAC) de la Guadeloupe et des Îles du Nord, deploys a residency program for artists, choreographers and performers, author.rice. s or curators resident in Guadeloupe wishing to develop a research and/or creative project in the field of visual arts, live performance, and writing.
Through this call for projects, three laureates will be selected to benefit from a three-month residency each. e in Paris.
Thanks to this partnership, residents will benefit from tailor-made support, monthly meetings and individual interviews with artists and cultural professionals. This program is also at the heart of the life, activities and networks of the Cité internationale des arts and its 325 residents from all disciplines, generations and nationalities.
The program includes:
- The provision free of charge of a workshop housing on the site of the Marais de la Cité internationale des arts from September 04 to November 27, 2023;
- A flat-rate travel allowance of 1000 euros;
- A life grant of 1000 euros per month;
- An artistic and professional accompaniment.
Eligibility and selection criteria:
The call for projects for this residency program is intended for artists, choreographers and performers, author.rice. Exhibition curators wishing to develop a research and/or creative project in the field of visual arts, performing arts, and writing.
The candidate must:
- Be over 18 years of age;
- To reside in Guadeloupe;
- To be engaged. e in professional life and testify of an artistic practice for minimum 5 years.
By submitting its application, the artist undertakes to:
- Be available on Thursday 08 June 2023 to participate in the auditions organized as part of the selection of winners;
• Accept dates of residence that may be granted by the commission;
• Be available throughout the residency, uninterrupted over time
three months proposed;
• Comply with the general regulations of the Cité internationale des arts and read the site’s welcome booklet, once selected;
• Participate in various professional meetings and other meetings
by the International City of Arts, once selected;
• Use the subsidy paid by DAC Guadeloupe to purchase the plane ticket and
living expenses in Paris.
From 27 April to 29 May 2023 inclusive.
Announcement of results:
From 04 September to 27 November 2023.
To find out more: